- Rob Bailey has been doing much to keep this Mod thing exciting over the years, but if you don't know him yet, take some time with this interview.
- There are two books I'm most looking forward to: Mods - The New Religion and In the Lap of Mods, the upcoming biography on The Action. Luckily, this interview with drummer Roger Powell is helping to tide me over.
- An interesting idea going on over at a website dedicated to 'Mod' shoes: video reviews of different shoes, starting off with loafers!
- Mods aren't the only well-dressed subculture in pop culture history. Chicago had its own Gousters back around the same time. If you've seen Cooley High, you may be familiar with the look.
- A nice write-up on a John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers featuring a pre-Cream Eric Clapton.
- A great photo set from the first Monterey Jazz Festival!
- A Modernist tackles jazz greats Jimmy Giuffre 3 and the influence of Claude Debussy.
- I'm a very huge fan of scarves, so this post is pure eye candy for me!
- Apparently, I missed Paul Weller's birthday last week. It's okay... he missed mine earlier in the year. But enjoy this fun Q&A he sits down for.
- Let's end this list with another great 45 find: a fantastic version of 'Got My Mojo Working'!
Sunday, June 3, 2012
Weekly Blog Roundup: 6/3/2012
Another week of great posts out this past week. Have some coffee, put the newspaper down, and read these instead!