- Lots of Ivy talk this week, starting off with an article recommended by Nick Rossi on the influence of Ivy League style on London fashion scene of the 1960s.
- The Syllabus gets ready for an upcoming exhibition of Ivy Style Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City.
- Speaking of this exhibition, an accompanying book will soon be released: Radical Conformist. Yale books uses the opportunity to catch up with J.P. Gaul and his love of Ivy Style.
- An obituary for yet another historic, mid-century restaurant, the Riviera, located in Westminster, CA.
- For the more dandy-oriented dresser, a nice write-up on Michael Fish and Simon Dee.
- Anorak Thing explores the influence of Ian Dury on Madness.
- For those shopping for vintage clothing in London, here are some great suggestions for you.
- I'm not a musician and when it comes to guitars, all I can really tell you is they have 5 strings. But A Modernist is a great guitarist and gets into something that interests me: the design of the Fender Telecaster.
- Great... another design book that's going to hurt my wallet. This one, on psychedelic graphic design (one of my faves), called Electric Banana, reviewed by Monkey Picks.
- And now, get in a dancing mood for the weekend with this find on Derek's Daily 45!
Friday, June 29, 2012
Weekly Blog Roundup: 6/29/2012
Another week down and time for the weekend. And to start you off, some good link readin':