- A couple of weeks back I missed the last great Midcentury Supper Club party of 2012 right in my own neighborhood. Luckily, the ladies from Modern Kiddo made it and took some great photos. (By the way, fellas, scroll down a bit to see a photo of some slick cufflinks worn by a sharp little boy!)
- Several years back, when you were probably getting drunk and dancing all night at your local Mod/'60s/soul night, these guys were being born. Now, it looks like they're about to hit the big time!
- Recently, we lost two great female soul/funk voices. Funky 16 Corners offers some nice words on Marva Whitney and Fontella Bass.
- Monkey Picks shares some rare, early photos of Marc Feld from the recent Stamford Hill Mods exhibition at the Hackney Museum.
- You all know I'm not huge on desert boots, but here's a pair of chukkas with a great heel. I'd totally sport these!
- Oakland, CA is the beautiful town I call home. If any of you are ever visiting the area, you may want to explore some of the spots listed in this Bold Italic article.
- Let's end this one with a classic soul selection from Derek's Daily 45: Mary Love's Lay This Burden Down.
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Weekly Blog Roundup: 1/5/2013
Oky, I'm going to try to get better with the weekly blog selections this year. I've let myself get way too lazy lately, but time for that to end! I'm easing back into the blog world out there, so only a few selections this week: