- Here's a great interview with Ugly Things man, Mike Stax.
- Have you seen the Baton Rouge 1960s sessions yet with bands like The Small Faces and Timebox? Woo boy!
- A piece of San Francisco local flare passed away last week: Vivian, one half of the famous (and stylish) Brown Twins. If you've ever visited Union Square or Nob Hill on a tourist visit, changes are you've come across them.
- Another new Mod book is coming down the line and this one looks pretty fancy.
- One of our favorite artists, Shag, is featured over on Parka Avenue.
- Some nice photos from 1969 London book. More hippie than moddie, but still cool to check out.
- Damn, this is the time to be an Action fan! If the In the Lap of Mods book got you pumped for more Action, seems a new LP of unreleased post-Rolled Gold Reggie King recordings are being released in February! (Somebody's got a birthday coming up *cough* *cough*!)
- I'm going to guess that all you are Twilight Zone fans. How could you not be? Great stories, socially relevant themes, and creepy sci-fi action... but did you ever stop to think about the mid-century style within?
- A cool selection of 10 great rock'n'roll movie moments from the 1960s! (Probably the best scenes in each of those films.)
- Last time we were in San Diego for Tiki Oasis, several of us met up for dinner at Albie's Beef Inn. Le Continental showcases what's great about this place!
- A little treat for those of you into 1960s stewardess fashions.
- Here's a great write-up on some Emitt Rhodes solo 45s. If you're not a fan yet, get to explorin'!
- Sharon Tate guiding Merv Griffin around Carnaby Street. Wait, what?
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Weekly Blog Roundup: 1/19/2013
Alright guys, another set of great things to read about this weekend. Some really cool stuff this week, too! Prepare to get nothing done for the next hour or so.