- I've always thought the Japanese do Western culture better than westerners. Here's some proof. (Thanks DJ Soft Touch for hippin' us to this one!)
- A Modernist focuses on some absolutely beautiful shots of Cal Tjader getting the party started in the 1950s.
- My favorite restaurant blog, Le Contintenal is back, and finally concentrating on some California eats!
- Never heard of Jacco Gardner before, but I will have to explore. Plus, Monkey Picks's first paragraph of this review sold me!
- Very sad news regarding Wilko Johnson of Dr. Feelgood. Good thoughts are being sent his way from all over.
- GASP! I just can't agree with A Dandy In Aspic's list of 10 Worst Films of the 1960s! Some of these are perfect for so-bad-they're-good movie nights. (Plus, the 1960s did produce a much larger library of film duds.) But check this list out... they make compelling arguments.
- Modern Kiddo showcases some of those great bubble photos from Melvin Sokolsky.
- Parka Avenue moves foward with pushing boundaries within a Mod framework for a suit job. Check it out!
- We've been lucky with current men's fashion trends and their influence from 1960s styles. I don't think it'll last long. Women's fashions, on the other hand, always seem to include some aspect of 1960s stylings, as the Ahoy Hoy! blog shows.
- Derek's Daily 45 hits you with one of my personal soul favorites, (You) Got What I Need by Freddie Scott!
- The Anorak Thing offers up its Top Ten 1960s female vocalists. An interesting list that offers some insightful thoughts on what makes these selections so... whoa, did you catch the guitar on Dana Gillespie? Anyways, as I was saying, the Anorak Thing provides some interesting views on... on... tell me more about Janie Jones, please...
Friday, January 11, 2013
Weekly Blog Roundup: 1/11/2013
Before you get ready for the weekend, delve into these great reads first!