- Let's start off with a piece on one of THE GREATEST LIVE shows of the 1960s: The T.A.M.I. show!
- Hardy Amies, author of such books as "The Englishman's Suit" and "ABC of Men's Fashion," is always worth reading and always worth reading about.
- The Jab recently shared this link on the Mod Male Facebook page, dealing with the 1960 film "Saturday Night and Sunday Morning" and its wardrobe.
- Speaking of the Jab, join him as he visits one of the oldest restaurants in Paris, Chez Chartier.
- Paul Weller always seems to skip out on Bay Area shows but shows plenty of love to NYC. Read a great review of his show from the always objective Anorak Thing.
- The A Modernist blog is back and has come out swingin' with a great post on the Kenwood loafer from Allen Edmonds and its jazz styling. Fans of the Ivy... dig it real!
- A review of a new book based on the documentary Listen Whitey! The Sounds of Black Power 1965-1975.
- A review of the showroom from the DNA Lounge, run by a guy seriously setting a new Mod standard, Claudio de Rossi.
- One of my favorite smooth soul pieces: 'So I Can Love You' by The Emotions. Now excuse me while I pour a glass of wine and groove into the evening...
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Weekly Blog Roundup: 5/24/12
A short and early list this week because I'll be out the next few days. Enjoy some good readin' today!