- Parka Avenue gives you a great post (with pics) on the commercialization of Mod style in the American continent in the 1960s. (Still... some great clothes ideas!)
- Le Continental takes a trip to one of our local favorite restaurants, The Hayward Ranch!
- As usual, Paul Weller makes his way to New York, ignoring, once again, the West Coast. But if you need a Weller fix, hop on over to The Anorak Thing.
- Paul Gorman catches up with Lloyd Johnson and Nigel Waymouth, men's fashion legends.
- Okay, I definitely don't remember Circus Circus looking this cool back when I was a kid!
- A Modernist welcomes his first guest writer, Jimmy Frost Mellor, who shares his love and memories of the Bass Weejun.
- Moderno Mundo features a great little clip on 'Mods, Rockers, & Beatniks.' No Portuguese necessary, but it helps!
- Many musicians seem to be leaving us lately, including Donald 'Duck' Dunn, who passed away this week. The Funky 16 Corners offers a nice obituary.
- Derek's Daily 45s features one of Oakland's most well-loved funk hits... one that's a local anthem!
- Monkey Picks shares news of a Jack Kerouac feature that I may have to hunt down for myself... and my dad!
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Weekly Blog Roundup: 5/19/12
Good mornin', good mornin'! Hope you're up and about, because I have a new set of blog links you might enjoy this morning: