Monday, October 10, 2011

British Style Genius - The Street Look (Mod Section!)

[Mod Male is on vacation at this time so won't be able to respond to any comments.]  

The below videos are from a BBC series called British Style Genius and, trust me, the whole thing is great! You can find these segments on the YouTube, but if you want to skip to the Mod stuff, hit the 4:30 mark in the first video, then continue on to the second. And keep an ear out for the ingredients of a Mod.



"Mod was aspiration." It doesn't get much truer than that. So many great interviews in here to back that line up.
My other favorite line from this segment: "Friday night clothes, please. That just wasn't what we were about." Hearing statements like these from some of the originals brings a huge smile to my face!
Honestly, there's not a whole lot for me to add today, what with the documentary saying what needs to be said. So I'll leave it at that. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. One of my favourites too...just wish there were more style documentaries like this on tv, quite enjoyed The Perfect Suit on BBC4 a while back. (even though the time spent on the 60's section wasn't long enough)

    ReplyDelete