So, fill up on coffee, grab a bagel, and enjoy the following!
- Here's a new blog that I haven't been keeping up with... until now! Sounds like another, older Mod-inspired fellow sharing his thoughts... someone new to relate to! Last post was in January, but hopefully, it's not the last post!
- My main man, Kirk "Mayor of San Francisco" Harper, highlights his desert-island tracks and gives some good thought into the inspiration for these choices.
- For anyone not familiar with the Three O'Clock, here's a great synopsis of their career!
- Paul Gorman offers up a rejected review of Andrew Loog Oldham's new book, Stone Free.
- Monkey Picks delves into the funky world of Swamp Dogg!
- Too many soul obituaries seem to be hitting us lately. Here's one on Cleotha Staples of the Staple Singers and one on Bobby Rogers of the Miracles.
- Now, I was looking forward to this book, but I'm having second thoughts after this review...
- Mr. Suave serves up a tasty selection of old AND new soul tracks, including a new one from Nicole Willis!
- Anorak Thing finds a couple of great jazz covers for you!
- Banana Republic continues to go Mad Men Mod, but based on this clothing line, the ladies are getting the better end of the stick.
- We missed out on the High Rollers Vegas rally this year, but what's really bumming us out is having missed this restaurant reviewed by Le Continental.
- For the Ivy fans, take a peek into the Andover Shop, courtesy of A Modernist.
- Derek's Daily 45 has been highlighting good music on a daily basis. Others are now returning the good vibes!
Alright, hope these set a good mood for the week!