Well, yesterday, right before Mods were brought to the attention of world-wide mainstream audiences thanks to their Olympic debut, I put all the names of the contest contestants into a bowl and had my friend Sarah B. blindly reach into the bowl and pick a winner. This was witnessed by me, my wife, and our friend Andy P. to make sure no shenanigans were involved.
AND THE WINNER IS:
Allen, you win a copy of Robert O'Byrne's 'The Perfectly Dressed Gentleman,' illustrated by Lord Dunsby. I will reach out to you later today to get your mailing address. Use this book wisely and take in some great tips!
For the rest of you, I have runner-up prizes of fantastic blog posts to read! YAY! Enjoy your winnings!
- The Parka Avenue discusses the love of Sta-Prest trousers.
- Derek's Daily 45 offers a nice tribute to recently-passed away Carl Davis, Chi-Town soul man.
- Sweet Jane's Pop Boutique delves into some Biba for you.
- Ivy Style offers a great piece on Chet Baker.
- The Trad shares memories of first getting into Fred Perry.
- An inside look into the rare Mods monthly magazine of the 1960s!
- As mentioned before, Fred Eagle showcases his love of current Mod happenings.
- The Anorak Thing digs into and on some Donovan.
- Oh man... I might be part of only a handful of Mod enthusiasts who actually enjoys Southern rock. Let Voices of East Anglia show you the way too.
- The Jab showcases another great Bay Area classic restaurant, Casa Orinda.
- Geez, the Parka Avenue's been busy lately. Get inspired with some double-breasted suit action.
- A Modernist gets into some more good design with this piece on Alvin Lustig.
- And finally, start your week off with this great musical selection from DJ Soft Shoe, one of L.A's 50 Most Stylish Men!