- I love good country and I love good funk. What do you get when you mix the two? Click here for the answer!
- This is the city I live in and the city I love!
- And if you're in Oakland, then do yourself a favor and stop by VAMP for a great selection of records!
- Modculture breaks down the media's portrayal of Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggin's Mod link.
- Parka Avenue takes on a stroll of record shopping in Chicago, one of my fave cities!
- Acid Jazz records celebrates 25 years of releasing great music! Anyone else remember those early days? And on that note, who can forget this great release?
- Ivy Style helps break down the difference between 'Ivy' and 'preppy'.
- If you missed the recent showing The Who: Quadrophenia - Can You See The Real Me?, the documentary on the making of the original LP, the Anorak Thing helps fill you in!
- Tie and pocket squares. Two great things that go great together!
- For the ladies looking to mix in some new styles in with their vintage, dig on these!
- Get your morning going with this awesome soul mix from Mister Suave!
- The music world lost a great one in Jon Lord. Obituaries can be found here, here, and here (may need a translator for the last two).
- For the design fans, A Modernist digs deeper into the title sequence of John Huston's The Misfits.
- I'm glad my wife made me put on the Olympic Opening Ceremony because some of the music choices really got me excited. Unfortunately, I fell asleep during Paul McCartney's performance, but if you missed any of it, Monkey Picks sums it up for you!
- Some great 1960s-70s clip-art for you!
- Ever wonder what a day in the life was like for a Rave Girl?
- Here's an oldie I haven't heard in some time: Ricky Allen's 'Cut You A-Loose' which used to be covered often by the Bay Area's The Loved Ones.
- Speaking of Bay Area bands, have you heard the latest from The Bang?
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Weekly Blog Roundup: 7/29/2012
Due to life, I skipped out on a Roundup last weekend, so I've got plenty of links for you this
morning almost noon-time: