Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday DJ Faves!

So, I was sitting around on the computer right now, waiting for my wife to get ready for the evening, when I read a great post on the Parka Avenue blog's Top 10 Northern Soul and R&B faves. This inspired me to go through some of my own records and lay down my current Top 10 favorite soul/r&b/funky records to DJ. This past Thursday, I DJed for the first time in months, and it got me excited again!

Now, I don't want to make this blog too music oriented as I'd rather concentrate on Mod male style, but heck... I got time to kill. So, here they are, in no particular order, my Top 10 soul/r&b/funky DJ selections (apologies to any friends who may have been to one of my DJ nights and have gotten sick of hearing these!):

1. The Spinners - I'll Always Love You - Motown

2. Willie & The Mighty Magnificents - Funky 8 Corners - All Platinum

3. Major Lance - Follow The Leader - Dakar

4. Vernon Garrett - If I Could Turn Back the Hands of Time - Modern

5. Bobby Marchan - Shake Your Tambourine - Cameo

6. Tyrone Davis - Is It Something You Got? - Dakar

7. Georgie Fame - El Bandido - Imperial

8. Eddy Giles - Losin' Boy - Murco

9. Alfreda Brockington - Your Love Has Got Me Chained and Bound - Phil L.A. of Soul

10. Roger Collins - Foxy Girls In Oakland - Galaxy (This record is pretty much mandatory for any Oakland DJ by this point in time... but it's still a local fave. And for good reason!)


There it is! Have a great weekend guys!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that Major Lance song! One of my faves from the Diabolik CDs.

    ReplyDelete