In what seems like 6 years since the last post, I'm (almost) finally out of a paternity daze. So, what better way to get back to posting than with a Sharp Stylings post... on a Monday!
And what better way to start this off with than with a clean shot of one of the most stylish Angelinos around, Clifton Weaver aka DJ Soft Touch!
|Photo by Jesse Chairez.|
- A windowpane suit with lapels slightly larger than you'd expect but that work well with the higher button stance.
- Trousers that look to narrow in around the knee before slightly flaring out at the bottom... no ankle-hugging here!
- A light-blue gingham-checked shirt, with French cuffs and a collar with a wider spread and no button-down or tabbed action.
- A wider-than-average purple tie that plays well against the color of the shirt and the tone of the suit.
- A blue and purple paisley pocket square that just puffs out of the breast pocket without any fancy points.
- And finally, the jewelry details: large, sparkling cufflinks, wide wristwatch, ID bracelet on the other wrist, tie bar positioned so it just shows above the top suit button, and a tie tack holding the pocket square in place.
- What's missing from the photo are the purple socks (my favorite sock color) and brown suede wingtips
This look, to me, screams 'Mod' without actually screaming 'Mod'. No lapel pins. No parka with badges. And only a tiny bit of typical Mod detailing. He could walk into a mod/soul club and stand out from the crowd while still fitting in. But he could walk into any other type of club and all people are gonna see is one crazy sharp fellow.
I mentioned earlier the attitude he's throwing out in this photo. He deserves it. Not only is he one of the sharpest dudes strutting around in L.A., but he's also one of the funkiest DJs around!
Ironically, the truth is that despite this, the guy doesn't carry a drop of attitude. Seriously, one of the nicest guys you'll meet.
Don't you just hate him?